View my Contract
DEFINITION OF A DOULA
The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
A BIRTH DOULA
- Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life.
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor.
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth.
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor.
Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decision.
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers.
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman's memory of the birth experience.
- Allows the woman's partner to participate at his/her comfort level.
Bellabirth Doula Service Packages
These packages allow you to customize your support experience with your doula. We have something here to fit every budget and circumstance. If you don't see what you want here, contact us to create a custom package for your childbearing year.
( Currently I only have availability for Lavender package parents, see below)
A comprehensive package designed to meet your needs for Informational, Emotional and Physical support during pregnancy and birth.
- Choice of two PreBirth consultations listed below to assess your needs and desires for birth, define and understand our expectations of one another, and provide you with useful tools for labor and birth.
• Birth plan assistance to help you clarify your preferences for birth and assistance researching the options that are available to you.
• Access to my lending library of books and videos about pregnancy, birth and baby care, to support your learning.
• On call from 36 weeks until delivery.
• Back up care available in case of emergency.
• Continuous physical, emotional, and informational support for you and your partner for the duration of labor and birth, to help you move towards the vision you created for your baby’s birth.
• Initial breastfeeding support immediately after birth to help your baby latch on properly and encourage the establishment of breastfeeding.
• One postpartum follow-up visit to celebrate the birth of your baby and answer any questions you have during the early postpartum period.
• Unlimited phone and e-mail support to answer your questions and offer suggestions and support throughout pregnancy and early labor.
For parents wanting to take HypnoBirthing Classes and have labor doula support. Statistically, this package gives you your best chance of having the birth you desire. Learn more about HypnoBirthing® here, or visit the Hypnobirthing® Institute.
All of the services listed under Bellabirth Violet Package and,
• Your own copy of the 302-page HypnoBirthing® Text, HypnoBirthing®-- The Mongan Method
• 5 information-packed class meetings, helping you to understand why labor doesn't have to hurt
• 5 professionally written scripts for your home practice
• 2 CDs for your relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding (Including the program cornerstone disk, Rainbow Relaxation)
• Handouts for planning your Birth Preferences
• A set of Birth Prompts for your birth Companion
• Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
• A free hypnotic session in building birth confidence and eliminating fears
• A Guide to good pregnancy nutrition
• Several deep relaxation techniques for use during birthing, plus
• Well-paced instruction designed to build your confidence and help you to have a safer, easier, and more comfortable birthing
• Special calm breathing methods for use throughout labor and during birthing
• Private instruction if desired
• Small classes for personal attention
• Body toning exercises and practice
• The advantage and confidence of the Mongan Method reputation for top-quality birthing preparation weeks of classes, HypnoBirthing book and class and one extra consultation of your choice.
Bellabirth Orchid Package
Bellabirth Violet Package
Bellabirth Lavender HypnoBirthing Class Package PLUS
Choice of two Consultations listed below PLUS
Mothering the Mother Luxury Package
Henna Grand Rapids Belly Blessing
Custom Essential oil blends
PreBirth Consultation choices
Each consultation is 1-2 hours at the Midwifery Matters Community Center in Grandville. ( Except for the Naturopathic Consultation which takes place at the Groundswell Office)
Sorting through the choices and options you have during pregnancy and birth can be overwhelming! A doula can help you gather the information you need to make informed decisions during birth and help you compose a birth plan, or Birth Preferences Sheet. Although you can't plan birth, a Birth Plan or Birth Preferences Sheet is a great outline for conversation between you, your care providers and support team. I can also help you create a Picktograph Birth Plan, a very helpful visual for your care providers especially at a hospital birth.
It can be helpful to have any of the conversations you might have during labor ahead of time. During this consultation, we will talk our way through labor and birth, practice some helpful positions and discuss what may or not be helpful to your during labor emotionally, physically and mentally. I can order you the Plumtree Finding Comfort booklet, detailing comfort measures and positions helpful in labor, a great inexpensive resource!
For HypnoBirthing parents, this would be a review and personalization of what we have learned.
An hour to be pampered and bless your belly with the beautiful art of henna. Temporary, relaxing and a fun way to enjoy your pregnant self! In the privacy of your own home or at our new office space in Grandville, Stephanie can create a custom design just for you, or replicate nearly any design you take a fancy to. You can do this by yourself, or at a baby shower or blessing way. If your guests would like henna as well - Prices and Services are listed on Henna Grand Rapids website. The Midwifery Matters Community Center is available for rental for blessing ways and baby showers as well!
Fear Release Session & Birth Preference Sheet Review
HypnoBirthing students - $45
Free to HypnoBirthing Doula Package Parents if they choose as their one extra consultation
This session is offered to parents who take my HypnoBirthing Class. We do an Emotional Release Worksheet and Fear Release and Limiting Thoughts session during our class series. If you feel like you would like to repeat the Fear Release, and have help filling out your Birth Preference Sheets outside of class, this consultation is for you.
essential oil blend Consultation
Young Living Essential Oils and oil blends take you on a sensory journey that can instantly soothe, enliven, or balance both body and mind.
From the sweet aroma of lavender to the stimulating fragrance of eucalyptus, our essential oils ignite your senses and enliven your body. Packed within these pure, botanical essences, you’ll discover rich therapeutic properties that cannot be found elsewhere. Whether it’s a single, potent oil that elevates your spirit, a blended formula that promotes mental clarity, or a massage oil that restores harmonic balance.
I will bring over my extensive collection of oils and we can create some custom blends based on your needs for you to use during pregnancy, labor and birth or for the postpartum period. Roller bottles make them super easy to use! Included in this session; 3 roller bottle blends, additional blends are $5-$10.
Customize your own package!
Start with Bellabirth Violet and add extra consultations of your choice